Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Results Are In! End of January Check-In


Roughly two weeks ago, I wrote in my last post about how I was taking new steps toward a new lifestyle change in 2017. I mentioned in the post that I was looking to improve my physical health, mental health, and financial health. Well here we are on January 31st and I am here with an update.

Since I weighed myself on January 2, 2017, I have lost...*drum roll please* 
11 POUNDS!!!!!!!

Again keep in mind that this month I have only changed my diet and eating habits. I have NOT EXERCISED ONE TIME THIS MONTH! When I tell you, that you are what you eat... Man, that is the truth! I have cut back on sugary drinks, alcoholic beverages, carbs, fast food, and sweets. Now, please note that I said that I have "cut back" on these things. I haven't given them up completely. I've just been doing things in moderation, and the results don't lie, it's made a world of difference. I've also been drinking more water during the day, and have consistently done meal prepping, which is easier than you think. Stores like Aldi and Trader Joe's have been my go-to places for staples and fresh produce at affordable prices. You seriously can't beat it!


Of course there's been temptations. In my department at work, we celebrate birthdays with cake and ice cream. This month I stuck to my goals and didn't partake, even when everyone was commenting on how good the cake was, I still didn't have any of it. (It was rough!)

As for my mental health, I've been doing some reading, specifically with self-help books. The latest one that I finished was titled "Manifesting: The Secret behind the Law of Attraction" by Alexander Janzer. It's an easy and helpful read about manifestation and how it relates to the Law of Attraction, and ways that you can incorporate daily routines in your life to help you attract positive outcomes from the universe. This book can help anyone adjust their way of thinking to get themselves out of a rut and into a more rewarding life. For only $5 on Amazon, you really can't beat it!

My financial health has also improved this month, primarily because I've been doing the meal prepping for lunch every day. It has kept me from getting fast food and eating out as much, which in turn has helped me not spend as much money as I have in the past. Also I've been practicing moderation in all aspects of my life. I've been avoiding going shopping this month. I used to live at the mall, but not anymore. I've got a gift card to one of my favorite stores, Charming Charlie, that I've had since Christmas and still haven't been sweating about using it, as I have done in the past. 

It's amazing how the power of positive thinking, determination, moderation, and faith can really change your life. I used to laugh when people used the term "lifestyle change" around me, now here I am in the middle of a lifestyle change and enjoying its rewards!

Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Girl so proud of you! Keep up the good work. I just ordered some containers from Groupon. I need to get back to cooking meals at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I hear ya. I was the queen of "anti-cooking" but now I've found that I kind of enjoy it. You can do it!

      Delete