Saturday, May 23, 2015

Caprice Goes to Comic Con



OK I must admit, I've been wanting to go to Comic Con for years. This year I finally attended Wizard World Comic Con St. Louis. I went with my mom and my friend Devin. We had a blast! No, we didn't dress up but my mom and I strongly considered going as "Men in Black." It was her idea too! How cool is my mom y'all?! Because we went on a Friday (May 22, 2015), the celebrity appearances were not as abundant as would be there the rest of the weekend. However, there were a number of great celebs there including: Tara Reid, Jason Mewes (Jay from the duo Jay and Silent Bob), Phil LaMarr (a notable voice-over actor who's best known for MadTV), Michael Rooker (the "blue guy" from Guardians of the Galaxy), and Naomi Grossman (Pepper from American Horror Story; love her!). I got a couple comic books, one of which I had signed by the artist, Jim Mahfood, and a lot of prints. I was pleasantly surprised by all of the freebies that were there, but also at how pricey everything that wasn't free was. Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun! I highly recommend getting your admission through Living Social. My general admission ticket was $18, regularly priced $39.99! And of course, going on Saturday, is ideal in order to meet more celebrities. My mom is kind of bummed that she's not going to see Giancarlo Esposito, who will be here today (Saturday). All in all it was great though, something different. I had a lot of good conversations with a lot of cool people, I'd otherwise never have met. Special shout out goes to RFT for their free photo booth, Fish Eye Photo for giving out free prints with Go Magazine, Sugarfire Smokehouse for the BOMB pulled pork and smoked turkey sandwiches, and for Lion Forge Comics for all of their freebies (they are a Black-owned comic company based right here in Westport in St. Louis). Also, make sure to download the CONtv app when you arrive at the convention. I got a lot of freebies because I downloaded the app. If you don't make it out this year, be sure to go next year!

For more info and tickets: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-stlouis.html

Wizard World Comic Con St. Louis 2015

America’s Center 
701 Convention Plaza 
St. Louis, MO 63101

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 3pm - 8pm
Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10am - 7pm
Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11am - 5pm

Up to 2 Children 10 and under get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult


No comments:

Post a Comment