Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Out and About: 7/17/2015 - 7/21/2015

Just sharing a few fun events and activities I participated over the past week.

Friday 7/17/2015: Missouri Botanical Gardens Lantern Festival

A lot of fun even though it was super hot that night (95 degrees). Me and the homie Devin went. The lanterns beautiful and massive! I highly recommend you check them out before the exhibit leaves. The Lantern Festival ends August 23, 2015. Here's some pics:

























Tuesday 7/21/2015: Muny "Into The Woods" and Winslow's Home

This was an excellent show! The incredible Heather Headley did a superb job in her portrayal of the Witch. It was packed in that it was opening night for the show but fortunately the weather last night was perfect, not hot and not cold. I didn't drip a single bead of sweat the whole night which is unheard of for a mid-July evening. I wasn't complaining. Of course I had to contend with certain groups of obnoxious people, a young group of college students and a group of 40-something-year-old women. The whole show I kept saying to myself "we get it, you know all of the songs..." Annoying but we got through it. Also, before attending the show, I had my first encounter with Winslow's Home, a very special and unique restaurant on Delmar in U City. I wrote a review of my experience there on Yelp. Be sure to check it out! I highly suggest their Winslow's Burger, chocolate chip cookie (possibly the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had), and their Goat Cheese Cookies (which were soooooo good!).

Pics from Winslow's Home:






Pics from The Muny:




No comments:

Post a Comment