Monday, July 6, 2015

SLAM Underground 6/26/15



Last month I attended my first ever SLAM Underground and it was awesome! SLAM (St. Louis Art Museum) Underground is a FREE monthly event that features games, prizes, DIY projects, a DJ, live music, cash bar, and art. The event takes place at the St. Louis Art Museum on the last Friday of the month, from 7 pm to 10 pm. Every month there is a different theme. The June edition's theme was "Garden Party" as it showcased the museum's newly unveiled sculpture park.



A few of the activities that my friend Devin and I enjoyed while there included sketching a sculpture, playing garden games (like Plinko) for small prizes, and making our own paper lantern. Here is my sketch of this sculpture at the museum.



I would show my lantern, but I definitely needed more practice. I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but mine was a mess! And I was covered in glue after it was over. Make sure you go to SLAM Underground, if for no other reason than to see one of the main galleries of the museum turn into a jumping dance rave. All that was missing was the glow sticks.

I think it's awesome that the St. Louis Art Museum is trying something new to draw attention and increase its buzz. This is a great way to do it, and is great for a creative date night, a family outing, or a girls/guys night!

For More Information go to http://www.slam.org/Visit/underground.php



No comments:

Post a Comment